2017 Rural Hill Scottish Festival and Loch Norman Highland Games Hotel Accommodations brought to you by
Rural Hill highly recommends the following Hotel partners; keep in mind that the Festival draws an attendance of 10-12,000 visitors throughout the weekend. Many of these visitors are from out of state- please make your reservations early.
Exit 23 off I-77
2017 Rural Hill Scottish Festival and Loch Norman Highland Games Camping Information
All campers are welcome on a first come and space available basis. The Rural Hill Scottish Festival and Loch Norman Highland Games Camping Area is conveniently located across the road from the festival venue (easy walking distance) in a beautiful rural setting.
Two-day minimum reservation and 2-day event tickets required.
The Loch Norman Highland Games is a family event. For this reason inappropriate behavior on the part of any one in attendance will not be tolerated. Any incidents requiring investigation by Games officials and, if necessary, local law enforcement agencies could result in expulsion from the camping area and Rural Hill Farm without refund of fees.
2 Man Tents - $12.00 per night
Prices shown are PER NIGHT
Minimum Stay 2 Nights
Rules and Regulations:
1. FIRES- County Ordinance: Any fire shall be continuously under the care and direction of a competent person over sixteen years of age from the time it is kindled until it is extinguished. OPEN CAMPFIRES are allowed in designated areas; campfires are not allowed in the wooded areas. The woods are full of Cedar trees and dry leaves that could easily ignite. If you are camping in a wooded area you must use a camp stove for cooking. Anyone who must use an open fire will have to camp in the open areas of the field. All camps with open fires must have a CONTAINER OF WATER or a FIRE EXTINGUISHER for fire suppression available at all times. For open fires please dig a shallow fire pit and plan to refill the hole before leaving. Historic Rural Hill is a working farm 365 days a year, if you line your campfire with rocks please move them out of the open field before you leave; rocks that lay unseen in the tall grass destroy hay rakes, bailers, blades, and couplings...
2. TRASH- There are ample trash receptacles located around the grounds. Please use them. The alternative is to pack your trash out with you. If you keep your trash in your camp, please keep it covered. You will be in a nature preserve, there are plenty of raccoons, opossums, skunks, and coyotes in the area that would love to dine on your leftovers and, in the process, scatter them over most of Historic Rural Hill Farm. Please practice leave no trace principles.
3. PORTABLE TOILETS-Portable toilets are conveniently located around the grounds.
4. WATER- There is an ample supply of water available. Hook up for RV’s and water access for the tent camping area. FIRST COME FIRST SERVE
5. ICE- Ice will be available on the festival grounds at $3.00 per 8 pound bag. You will be responsible for its transport from the festival grounds to the campground.
6. WAIVER- Make sure that you have signed a camping waiver and returned it to Historic Rural Hill staff.
7. NOISE- No instrument playing, loud radios, or televisions after 11pm.
8. Pets are NOT allowed at Historic Rural Hill during the RHSF, this includes the campground. We regret this inconvenience for some of our campers but the rule must stand.9. If you have any questions about any of these guidelines, please ask for Eric Ferguson.
Rural Hill , Center of Scottish Heritage
PO Box 1009 * Huntersville, NC 28070-1009
4431 Neck Road * Huntersville, N. C. 28078-8342
Office: 704.875.3113 * Fax: 704.875.3193
Site By: EyeBenders